As we were forced to adapt to the COVID-19 pandemic and the realities of social distancing and working from home, our day-to-day lives were disrupted in too many ways to count. However, many of us made the best of it.
At Therapeutic Pathways, we understand that this change was not easy and, as always, want to support families as best as we can.
Families can continue to stay safe from COVID-19 by taking advantage of our telehealth therapy services. Parent training, parent meetings, and comprehensive ABA therapy can all be done from the comfort of families’ own homes via video conferencing.
What does ABA at home look like?
When you choose our ABA at-home services, our team will work with you individually to develop a plan that works best for you and your child. With research-backed and compassionate telehealth ABA services, we can continue to support your child as they improve their social skills, develop independent living skills, and learn more about appropriate behaviors and interactions.
While the concept of telehealth autism therapy is still relatively new, it has proved to be an amazing platform to deliver high-quality treatment. Many families were able to benefit from ABA at home throughout the pandemic and we are thrilled to continue offering this service.
When you contact our intake staff for help, they’ll assist you in determining what services are available and will follow up with recommendations that fit your family’s needs. You and your family will then be able to meet with our Clinical Team to discuss goals and expectations for your child and how telehealth services can fulfill your needs.
With a personalized therapy plan tailored to your child’s specific abilities, behaviors, and goals, you can rest assured knowing that ABA at home will meet your child where they’re at in their development.
Although we highly encourage families to expand their child’s treatment to both virtual and in-person services, we recognize the risks that the coronavirus presents and will continue to support your child in a virtual setting.
To learn more about Therapeutic Pathways telehealth services,] fill out this online form or call our team at (209) 422-3280.
Benefits of Virtual ABA Therapy
Even beyond the current reality of the COVID-19 pandemic, ABA at-home therapy offers a multitude of benefits for children and their families. These include:
- Uninterrupted, ongoing ABA therapy services
- No travel required—therapy from the comfort of your own home
- Early detection and treatment for children before the age of two
- Greater flexibility for families
- Accessible for all families, regardless of location
- Telehealth services allow Therapeutic Pathways to provide on-demand consultations
- Keeps children safe during uncertain times
How do I know if telehealth ABA therapy is right for me and my family?
Telehealth ABA therapy can be extremely beneficial to families for the following reasons:
- If you live in a remote area or a great distance from an in-person facility
- Have limited availability in your schedule
- If your child’s behavior changes significantly while being watched or if your child would benefit from telehealth in general due to their preferences
- If parents reside in separate locations, must travel often, or just wish to actively participate more in their child’s therapy
Telehealth, or a combination of telehealth and in-person services, can help families at this difficult time. It’s natural to have questions regarding remote ABA therapy services, so we encourage families to contact us to learn more.
Contact Therapeutic Pathways Today
While ABA at home is a wonderful option for many people, we know that it’s not a one-size-fits-all solution. We highly encourage you to learn more directly from our staff to evaluate if ABA at home would suit you and your family’s needs.
Call Therapeutic Pathways at (209) 422-3280 for more information.